As more information is made available for research, breed information, and equipment purchasing we will put those links and contacts here.
We invite you to become a member of our new organization. To apply for membership in the Hanoverian Scenthound Club of America, please download the application and follow the instructions for submission on the form here and send to:
Olsie Owens, Treasurer, 7699 Jack Adcokc Road; Oxford, N.C.; 27565
The long term sustainability and health of the Hanoverian Scenthound breed in America rests in the hands of those that love, care and breed this dog. Thoughtless or reckless behavior endangers not only the health of personal animals, but the dogs of others, and the future generations to come.
It is for this reason that the HSCA sets forth a CODE OF ETHICS that all members strive to achieve.
- Conduct To conduct oneself in a professional manner pertaining to all involvement with the HSCA, AKC, UKC, and FCI.
- Uphold all rules and policies concerning activities sponsored by these organizations. Avoid intentionally ruining the reputation of other breeders or these organizations.
- Welfare of the Dogs in My Care Members make it a priority to provide nutritious food, exercise, socialization, training, Veterinary care, and affection throughout their dog’s lifetime.
- Puppies are in need of proper socialization and immunity protection. It is therefore important that No puppy be placed, shipped, or transported before 8 weeks of age.
- Members must make every effort to ensure their puppies and dogs are placed in homes free of abuse, neglect, and mistreatment.
- Dogs and puppies are never to be sold at auction, given as raffle or lottery items, sold to dog fighting brokers, wholesalers, labs, or pet stores.
Members will encourage puppy buyers to uphold the same principles.
Dates, times, and locations will be announced here.
Future Activities being discussed will include some of the following:
- Fun Match to encourage new members and their dogs to participate in socializing with our breed and others, to be held in conjunction with an AKC Open Show.
- Judges Seminar to educate members and licensed AKC judges on the finer points of the breed. Handouts and powerpoint presentations will accompany a demonstration using member's dogs as examples of the breed.
- Tracking Tests to evaluate the working scenthound abilities of the breed.
- Awards will be presented to evaluated teams using a point schedule.
- Sports Activities such as Rally, Agility, and Nosework will be made available to Members and their dogs at future shows.
- Annual Meeting at the end of the year with Award Ceremony, Voting, and Election of Officers.