Welcome to the Hanoverian Mountain Scenthound Club of AmericaHSCA
Welcome to our website, we ask that you take time to view the information contained within to learn more about our fascinating breed of dog. We encourage you to apply for membership in our organization where you’ll meet fellow fanciers. You will be invited to attend events and activities designed to showcase the wonderful attributes and talents these dogs possess. Our hope is that you will become an avid owner of this highly intelligent, fun loving, people friendly, working dog breed. When you join, a complete membership packet with a copy of the Constitution and By Laws will be mailed to you. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your membership application to be processed.
Club History and Purpose
The Hanoverian Scenthound Club of America was formed in January 2017. Members recognized the need for a professional organization that would unite concerned owners and breeders. Our primary goals are for the preservation, sustainability and health of the breed in America. To accomplish our goals we developed a five fold Mission Statement that can be found in our Constitution and By Laws.
- To protect and preserve the quality of this breed by encouraging, promoting, and responsibly breeding the Hanoverian Scenthound in America.
- To educate members, novice, long-time fancier, and public on the history, use, breed standard, and health concerns of this breed.
- To encourage good sportsmanship behavior at all functions, events, tracking competitions, service opportunities, and meets.
- To have members uphold the Club’s Code of Ethics and Breed Standard.
- To uphold AKC and HSCA rules applying to shows, facility use, events, record keeping, and membership conduct.
Officers and Board Members
Olsie D. Owens, Jr.
Board of Directors
Member at Large
Rebecca Merrill, Attorney at Law